Sigh....WONDERFUL Wednesday Roll Call!!!!!!!

steffihope
on 6/21/11 3:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am sighing because I have been waiting for this particular Wednesday for months now!  My last day of School for the 2010-2011 school year.  What a year it has been - but I am happy to say that it is OVER!!!!!!  Time to refresh, renew and recharge my teaching battery!

I am up, I am giving up on sleeping through the night for a while.  It seems that I can nap at will, and will have the opportunity to do that for the next 10 weeks.  So THERE sleep - I got you! :)  I am going back to bed in a few.  Headed to school in the AM, have a luncheon to, cough cough, celebrate the retirement of my principal.  Have to tell you - the $25 we had to spend for lunch, it will be well worth it if I can get out of lunch by 2:30.  That would be the ONLY reason to go.  Otherwise that a$$hole would have us stay in school until 3:15.  We ARE sans students BTW.  Just have to finish the classrooms and the records.  Most of us are done.  Oh well!

After school I am headed home to get the little person and take her to meet her bubby.  She is going to be at the shore for a few days.  Then back home to do more packing and most likely shopping with Molly.  (And maybe that nap that I was talking about earlier!)  Tonight, I have NOTHING on the agenda.  Can't decide if that is a good thing or not!

WAHOOOOOO WEDNESDAY!!!!!!  Hope it rocks for you! :)
bvohl
on 6/21/11 8:18 pm
Good Morning Steffi and PA!

Sigh away...I still have until Friday before I am done! The 8th grade promotion went well yesterday. The kids looked great and the parents were very well behaved! I am so proud of them but I am missing them already!!

Today Dee is coming with me to work to spend the day with her friend and her mom. After work I have a chiropractic appointment. Then home to do dinner. After that who knows???

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lois G.
on 6/21/11 8:39 pm - Ashland, PA
Hey, I am finally seeing the scale move....went to doc yesterday for ladies day (lol) once a year...and I was down three pounds from the week before..................so watching my carbs and food intake and exercising is paying off.....so happy first time in over the year the scale has moved...................................I WILL DO IT................................
Laureen S.
on 6/21/11 10:59 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Yay Lois, mine moved too, I lost 2 lbs. and for all the same reasons you stated. . .  the tool works, if we work it. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 6/21/11 8:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA:

Glad to hear summer is starting.  This means my drive in the morning will be a little bit quicker and I can leave the house later now that school is out.. YEAH for the next 10 weeks or until the colleges and universities get back into full swing....

Not much planned for today, I'm very tired, work till 4, then home to sleep.  I was sound asleep last night then Gene called me on his way home from his class at 9:30 so I was awake for about an hour before I could fall back to sleep.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Sara E.
on 6/21/11 9:37 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Congrats on the end of the school year Steffi!  When Caleb's year was over I swear he did the happy dance.
Caleb is still at Wilderness Camp so I have no taxi duties all week...wow.  Today I am working 7-11am then going to Danville to see one of my surgeons for my pre-op visit.  I see the main surgeon and have my pre-op workup appt tomorrow afternoon.  Only 1 week to go.  I am excited and nervous.  I want it to be a success.  I want my quality of life to improve.  Most folks are supportive, but some are judgemental and/or negative.  I am trying to distance myself from those folks.  They have no clue how crappy it can be with "skin issues".  Anyway, have a great day everyone!
Sara

Lisa H.
on 6/21/11 10:01 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Glad you are finally done and can rest a bit easier.  Refresh and renew over the summer is an awesome idea! 

I took the kids to the playground in our complex last night and wore everyone out.  They all (even Siehara) had fun!  We came home and everyone took showers and went to bed.  This morning I am working per the usual.. Disney channel or some cartoon in the background.. hopefully not too much actual work to do today since there are things that need to be done around here.  

Siehara needs to clean up her room and make sure everything is packed that can possibly be done today since she leaves TOMORROW for 8 WEEKS away at camp!! She is SOOOO excited to go!  (Steffi, don't forget to give me an address or two for Molly).   I have to print off her address labels.  
We also need to remember to pack her bathing suit after she goes to the pool today (if the weather holds).  I have a list of stuff that still needs to be packed, thankfully, or I'm sure we'd forget something.   Chances are good that I will forget something anyway, but it can either be mailed or brought with me when I go in July for visiting day if it's nothing too important.  

I'm hoping the weather holds today because I told Lola that we would go to the pool when I'm done working.  She is super excited about that and she got a new bathing suit yesterday, so she has to show that off.  If it rains, I'm really not sure what we will do.  The poor girl has been bored during the day since I can't go anywhere and Tanya can't drive too far.  She DID drive up to Redner's and Ross yesterday since they are right up the street.  

Tonight will mostly be spent entertaining children, possibly picking up a vacuum and/or TV from someone from Freecycle, and making sure camp stuff is packed.  Thankfully we don't have to leave too early so we can do last minute stuff tomorrow.  

I hope everyone has a great day today!! 

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 6/21/11 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - enjoy those naps, Steffi - I can't even do that lately, and I was always a good napper! Not sure what my sleep problems are. I slept pretty good last night - woke during the storms a few times - the dog was hiding in the closet until they were over. Poor little guy - he really hates them.

Well we got the news on my brother's biopsy yesterday and sadly it was not good news - it is cancer, we just don't know what type right now. He meets with the oncologist on Friday. The only thing we do know right now is they're ordering a port to be put in for chemo treatments and he will receive radiation. They're also scheduling a pet scan to see if it is other places and/or where it originated from. So saying lots of prayers for him right now - he seems in good spirits.

My nephew's girlfriend is having a hysterectomy today - she's only 34 but suffers from endometriosis and fibroids - the poor girl has been in so much pain and her insurance finally approved the procedure. She'll be in the hospital until Friday because they had to do it open, then she'll be coming to stay with us for a while. She won't be able to do steps and she can stay in my guest room and have her own bathroom right next to it. We'll bring her girls over this weekend so they can be near their mom. I'll have a full house, and that's fine. We didn't have plans for the weekend so everyone will be around to help.

That's about it for me today - watch out for those storms!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 6/21/11 11:11 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Lucky you...

So it's Wednesday, mid week for me and probably another boring day, but such is life and sure find ways to occupy my time, via OH and/or other things I research during the day ;) and get to bring home just enough money to keep the bill collectors at bay. . .  lol

So last night I stayed up late, because when I came home from my AA meeting, I had to stop at BJs to pick up a few items for a farewell party we are having, as another person here is leaving for a busier job, with a boss she used to work with, that makes 2 people, of which I don't see them replacing either for now, as business does not warrant it, hoping things pick up and with this economy they should, I do work in corporate bankruptcy folks. . .anyway, stopped at BJs, then went home and made low fat dips to bring into the party, no one is any the wiser unless you tell them, so I made my buffalo chicken dip and onion dip, bought a party platter (cheese and pepperoni, hard salami) and some chips, as well as cut up a bunch of celery for my dipping pleasure, it's all about planning and so I did. . .then I sat down to play Zuma Blitz, which is my vege out time, while watching Sunday Night's Mob Wives (lol), such silly stuff, but hey, makes my life feel very normal. . . went to bed at 11:30 thinking that I could sleep until 6 a.m. since today is my rest day from the gym, well Mother Nature had other things in store and so at 4something I was awaken to her magnificent show, me and Roxie snuggled and I think I fell back to sleep for about 45 minutes, but I sure am tired today. . .After work, depending on weather, I may take Roxie to a park that someone told me about, called Freedom Park, supposed a big beautiful park with an open area where dogs can run free and it has shade, unlike many dog parks, which I will never get, seeing as mostly you take your dog there in the warmer days and with no shade, especially when you have a black dog, just can't take them there. . .  oh well, if weather does not permit, well then I will just hang at home with the Roxie girl and play some Zuma, make some calls and get to bed by 9:30 so I can get my BFA in the gym by 6 a.m. tomorrow. . .

Have a wonderful day, peace and strength to any facing life challenges.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 6/22/11 2:02 am
Congrats on the end of the school year Steffi! You made it!

When my boss retired a few years back, there was NO LOVE LOST between the two of us. Yet I ended up being the one to plan her staff retirement dinner, organize her gift (which was way nicer than she deserved if you ask me). Sounds like you will be in for an improvement next year - hope so anyway!

I am in FL for a couple of weeks now - my return date will depend on work issues, but hopefully I can handle most everythign from here for a couple of weeks. Ideally I will be home the week of July 10. Mike was here thru last night and had a delayed flight, then drove home from BWI in horrible storms, arriving home at 2:30 a.m. I almost wish the flight had cancelled so he could have left earlier today in better weather!

Today I took a vacation day for "me." I am organizing my calendar, taking care of tasks I need to get done which will allow me to get things done here and still keep on target with work, etc. It's my favorite kind of day - probably still an early summer "ritual" from my many years of working in schools. I need to make appt. for a hair trim, get some groceries, am finishing laundry, and the like.

I admit, I also like a day of solitude every so often. Keeping the TV off...just some nice music on.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views